Water Line Repair & Replacement in Knoxville
Serving Kodak, Sevier County, Knox County & the Surrounding Areas
At Quality Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, we specialize in cost-effective, professional, and thorough water line replacement and repair services.
Signs You May Need to Service Your Water Line
At best, a water main break can cause problems like noisy pipes, decreased water pressure, and contaminated or dirty water. At worst, the leak can cause flooding in your basement if the break is in close proximity to your home. Serious or prolonged flooding can threaten your personal property or compromise the structural integrity of your building. Responding quickly can help prevent or mitigate those consequences.
The following issues may signify a problem with your water main:
- Drops in water pressure. The faucets in your showers, tubs, and sinks should all have a steady flow. If your pressure is reduced for a prolonged period of time, there could be a leak or break somewhere along the main line.
- Water discoloration. If you turn on a faucet and the water has a rust-brown tint, it could be due to corrosion or dirt and soil entering through cracks.
- Water backflow. When you experience a reverse flow of water or other substance into your treated water supply, that’s problematic. Back-pressure and back-siphonage are two types of backflow, and both can cause contamination and other issues.
- Standing water or soggy spots in your yard. If your lawn or soil is sporting puddles or wet areas, and you haven’t experienced rain recently, it’s likely the water line is cracked or leaking beneath the surface in that area.
- Tree root intrusion. If your line runs beneath or near a large tree or other plants, the roots can burrow into the main line, blocking or breaking the connection and impacting the water supply.
If you detect any one or more of these problems and suspect a break, first, shut off the water to your main valve. This will end the continual flow from the city connection. Next, contact Quality Plumbing, Heating & Cooling to set up an appointment for an inspection or repair. You can rely on us for prompt and professional water line services in Knoxville.
Call (865) 622-7785 to learn more about water line repair and replacement in Knoxville or any of the surrounding communities. Learn how we can help you!